Do you feel powerless in the face of your anger? Terrifying to behold in others and overwhelming when it erupts in ourselves. Road rage, plane rage – even art-gallery rage – are becoming all too familiar terms. These are just some forms that over-the-top anger can take in modern-day life. Excessive anger can have an obvious trigger or may seem to jump out of the blue. Unpredictable and precarious. As work and relationships suffer, a lack of steady temperament can ruin lives.
Sometimes, it creeps up on you without you even noticing, building up momentum like a pressure cooker. This rapid escalation can badly affect your physical and mental health. After the initial discharge of frustration, you are left to repair and patch-up the fall-out from exhausting and emotionalan experience – it’s a miserable, empty and (often guilt-ridden) feeling to reconcile. However, this needn’t be the case. Indeed, there’s much we can do to regain composure and return your responses to a place of control.
Anger does not come out of the blue, nor is it ever inexplicable or unmanageable. If anger is affecting your quality of life, it’s time to take charge. Together, our work will provide:
- Important understanding as to the causes of disproportionate anger
- Knowledge to inoculate yourself from excessive stress build-up
- Insight into what triggers your personal anger and how to control it
- Information on the myths about anger that we each must understand
- A toolbox of effective strategies for calming down and dealing with angry people
- Better communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strategies that prevent resentments or annoyances from escalating into bitter or dangerous confrontations
- Techniques to quickly implement calm with a level-headed perspective